Last Updated: June 2018
This policy applies to any information you provide to us, including through websites, communications by email and through social media, by telephone and in person. It also covers any information we receive from third parties.
By using our products and services, including browsing our websites, you agree we may use your information as outlined in this policy.
If you do not wish to have your information used in line with this, you must not use our products and services and not otherwise provide us with your information.
Information we may hold about you
- Information you’ve provided to us
- Information about products and services that you have purchased, ordered, enquired about or shown an interest in
- Information provided by other companies which have obtained your permission through their own privacy policies to share information about you, including from specialist data companies
- Information about your interaction with our websites and other products and services, including advertisements
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device about your use of our websites
- Information we collect or remember using technologies similar to cookies, such as device identifiers on your mobile device
- Your IP address
- Technical information from your device relating to the service you receive
- Information relating to the location of your device
How we may use your information
By using our websites and other products and services, you agree that we may collect, hold, use or otherwise process your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with those products and services and developing our business which shall include (without limitation):
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to our websites)
- Developing the design and style of our products and services to make improvements
- Understanding more about you, such as your location and demographic information
- Informing you about the latest changes to our products and services
- Informing you of promotional offers that you might find of interest
- Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for us or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities
- Enabling you to share our content with others
- Customer services and support
- Informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions
- Compiling customer reviews
- Conducting market research
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis and strategic development
- Communicating with you in relation to your account or service, service updates or other non-marketing communications
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you, according to your preferences
- Sending you periodic newsletters about your chosen services
- Sending you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone or email or SMS about our products and services, events and special offers
- Maintaining records of our communications with you if you get in contact with us
- Blocking disruptive use and ensuring the security of our products and services
- Complying with laws and other circumstances permitted under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other data protection laws
How we may use your information in specific products or services
If you’ve registered on our websites, you may receive personalised recommendations, newsletters and marketing. These are tailored to you based upon your registration details and other information you provide us, your browsing history, interactions with our emails and information we receive from our trusted partners and specialist data companies to help us understand what you might be interested in.
Sharing with others
You may only share the details of another person with us where you have their express permission.
If you order a product or service from us we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, delivery and billing address, credit or debit card number and expiry date. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number to be forwarded to the couriers who may deliver your order. These details allow us to process your orders efficiently.
How we may share your information
When you purchase goods or services from us we may partner with specialist companies to fulfil your order. We usually remain the data controller of your information and the other companies only process data under our instructions and cannot use the information for their own purposes. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure these third parties process your data securely.
We may share information about you with suppliers that we engage to help us provide the services and/or functionality, e.g. online payment processing.
We may also share personal information about you to third parties, where you have given us permission or where the third party can confirm that they have your permission for us to do this.
We may also share your information as required by law and as contemplated by the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other data protection laws.
Safeguards and security for your information
We have measures in place to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access or use, such as by using encryption technology.
We comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and related data protection laws.
We will only communicate with you via email marketing if:
- You are an existing or previous customer
- We have your consent to send you an email for that specific purpose
We may occasionally communicate with you via email with information that we believe that would be of interest to you based on your role at work, our previous interactions with you, or your interest in the industry.
Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.
In accordance with industry best practice guidelines, we may retain your information (including your election to opt out) for a reasonable amount of time to make sure that we do not contact you in the future.
If you want to review the information we hold about you please email your request to: email@example.com
You should be aware that when you use our websites we may collect information using cookies or similar technologies.
You can opt out of receiving cookies by changing your web browser settings.