Continuous battery monitoring is key to maximising your investment in your stand-by batteries and having the confidence they will work in the event of power failure.
If you’re operating mission critical systems and relying on the protection of a UPS and battery bank, then it makes sense to have a battery monitoring and management system. It’s about peace of mind – knowing that the batteries are healthy and being constantly monitored. Knowing that everything has been done to protect your enterprise from the consequences of a power failure.
PowerShield provides the most advanced and cost-effective tool for monitoring and managing stand-by battery banks. PowerShield’s continuous data sampling, reporting and battery management capability delivers reduced costs, gives peace of mind and, most importantly, ensures that you have fresh batteries that will perform when needed.
Continuous battery monitoring has three primary roles:
- Identify faults and weaknesses in the battery bank early so preventative maintenance and replacement can be done in a safe and orderly way
- Ensure the battery bank is maintained in an optimum environment to maximise performance and life
- Provide operators with confidence there is sufficient battery capacity to maintain systems for the designated time in the event of a power failure.
Whatever the size and scale of your operations – from a single battery string to multiple system sites around the world – PowerShield has a battery monitoring solution to suit your needs.
PowerShield 8 meets the needs of a wide range of industries requiring continuous power. From data centers, through to critical infrastructure such as transportation, water services, healthcare and emergency services, etc.
PowerShield customers now have the choice of 2 Controllers:
- The existing Controller, now called the LX, which has a capacity of up to 512 batteries.
- The new Controller MX, which has a capacity of up to 200 batteries for smaller battery installations.
Both Controllers have the same battery management functionality. The Controller MX is a cost-effective option for smaller battery installations.