PowerShield systems use a modular approach for battery monitoring. This means that by selecting from a range of options the system can be tailored to meet your specific requirements. VRLA or VLA (wet cells), lead acid or Ni-Cd – PowerShield has a solution that meets your requirements to get the best out of your battery assets.
Designed for use with batteries in racks or cabinets, PowerShield sensors come with pre-terminated harnesses which makes for easy hardware installation – simply ‘plug and play.’
PowerShield battery monitoring systems offer:
- Visibility to individual string and individual monoblock level
- Flexibility to suit battery model and application
- Visibility of both real-time and historic battery data
- Thermal runaway detection
- Automated alarm management
- SNMP and Modbus integration with DCIM, facility management and building management systems
- Rapid, automated data sampling and logging
- UPS intermittent charging compatibility
- User-defined alarm limits
- Designed to allow IEEE/IEC best practice
PowerShield systems are configured based on the measurement parameters you need and the level of visibility you require for individual strings and individual monoblocks. All parameters are measured against user-defined limits specific to battery state (float, idle, charge and discharge).
PowerShield system options include: